Osman is an advocate of the Supreme Court of Bangladesh. He has significant expertise and experience in banking and finance, corporate and commercial matters, merger and acquisition, project finance, arbitration. He regularly advises and represent foreign and local clients on issues related to legal and regulatory compliance, investment structuring, company incorporation, corporate transaction, arbitration, dispute resolution, employment and labour, etc. Previously he has worked for an international law firm and a specialized financial institution where he was instrumental in closing many deals. Osman graduated from University of Chittagong and also completed his LL.M. there.
- Supreme Court Bar Association.
- Chittagong Bar Association.
Recent Notable Engagements:
- Advising Grameen UNIQLO, the Subsidiary of Fast Retailing in Bangladesh on all aspects of its activities in Bangladesh.
- Advising General Satellite Group AG, on all aspects of its investment in the first ever DTH (Direct to Home) Project in Bangladesh.
- Advising a Singaporean investment fund to implement its green-field project in Bangladesh.
- Advised Asian Development Bank on Bangladeshi laws and certain legal issues in relation to its entering a carbon emission reduction purchase agreement including legal due diligence and the CER purchase transaction.
- Advising BAPEX on various legal issues.
- Advising and representing a number of contractors in arbitration arising out of construction related dispute.
- Advising a Switzerland based pharmaceutical company on its activities in Bangladesh
- Advising the local subsidiary of one the biggest Japanese used cars exporter on its activities in Bangladesh.
- Advised DEG as Bangladesh Legal Counsel on its USD 20 Million financing to Color City Limited.
- Advised DBS as Bangladesh Legal Counsel on its USD 7.4 Million financing to Uttara Foods and Feeds (Bangladesh) Limited.