OGR Legal advises foreign investors on all aspects of their businesses in Bangladesh.
Our service covers:
- Advising foreign companies on legal, regulatory and tax aspects of doing business in Bangladesh
- Structuring and setting up of operations in Bangladesh, including applying for and obtaining requisite approvals.
- Setting up liaison and branch in Bangladesh.
- Advising foreign companies on legal and regulatory issues.
- Structuring, drafting and negotiating various commercial and business related agreements including employment, consultancy, confidentiality, services, strategic alliances, distribution, franchising, marketing, teaming, joint ventures, technology licensing, reseller and consortium agreements.
- Compliance with commercial laws including property laws, labour laws, etc.
- Re-structuring, mergers, capital structures, winding up and repatriation of proceeds.
- Obtaining work permit and assistance with other immigration related matters.
Key recent works:
- Advising General Satellite Group AG, on all aspects of its investment in the first ever DTH (Direct to Home) Project in Bangladesh.
- Advising a Switzerland based pharmaceutical company on all regulatory aspects of importing and distributing pharmaceutical products in Bangladesh and assisting it to setup its local operations.
- Advising and assisting one of the largest Japanese car supplier to setup a subsidiary in Bangladesh and obtaining all required licenses.
- Advising and assisting a Singapore based investment fund to implement its project in Bangladesh.
- Advising a Singapore based Consultancy firm with its clients’ activities in Bangladesh.
- Advising an UK based International law firm on immigration related matters in Bangladesh.
- Advising a US based International law firm on immigration related matters in Bangladesh.
- Advising an UK based IT company to setup its local subsidiary in Bangladesh.
- Advising and assisting an Indian company to setup its Bangladeshi subsidiary.
- Advising the local subsidiary of Rockville Technologies Limited, the largest Pakistani VAS provider.
- Advised a US based IT company on regulatory aspects related to mobile handset in Bangladesh.